Kawasaki Shinkin Bank, Graphic Manual, 1972
Brand guidelines designed in 1972 by Mitsuo Katsui for Kawasaki Shinkin Bank. This is a stunning document of a modernist Japanese design programme. Presented as 22 sheets, plus one fold out sheet, placed within a cover and including a die cut slipcase. This is a museum grade piece and 1 of only 30 produced.
Format: Loose sheets & Slip Case
Design: Mitsuo Katsui
Condition: Good. Wear to slipcase.
1. Kawasaki Shinkin Bank territory map
2. Origin of the mark (2 photos)
3. Symbol mark
4. Construction method of the symbol mark
5. Mark size variations
6. Basic color
7. Logotype, Kanji and Hiragana
8. Logotype/Kanji and Hiragana
9. Kanji design
10. Hiragana design
11. Variations in logotype and size of kanji
12. Variations in logotype and size of kanji
13. Variations in logotype and hiragana size
14. Variations in logotype and hiragana size
15. Mark color
16. Mark + Logotype
17. Example of use of mark + logotype
18. Proportional relationship with humans
19. Image deployment
20. Variations of Mark Combinations
21. Okurayama branch signage plan, etc.
22. Okurayama Branch signage plan, etc.
23. Future plan table of contents